Saturday 16 July 2011

Table 13 – deli and delicious

A40289df-6639-4eb7-9652-be6d4478e7f7
Finding a good cup of coffee is quite a challenge. A friend of mine who is the ultimate coffee fundi went through 6 cappuccinos in Gardens Center to find the perfect cup. Im not sure what the outcome of his mission was but I know I have found my coffee spot.

Table 13 is hidden on a side street just opposite the Green Point traffic department, near Beluga. It is one of thosequaint and almost eccentric places that makes me think of the hidden away cafe’s in Germany or France- cobblestone streets, warm coats, blistering cold wind and snow and hot chocolate.  Its cosy and the food is absolutely delicious. I have to admit that I order the same thing every time I go – its just too good to eat anything else. I’m not usually a creature of habit when it comes to restaurants and exploring new dishes on the menu but this ciabbata couldn’t be better. Toasted Italian ciabbatatruffle mayo, bacon and emmentaler cheese topped with fresh avo. When we go as a group- we all order the same, without thinking. I don’t think it is still on the menu but ask – I’m sure they will make it for you. Table 13 also have a variety of options for breakfast or lunch and what makes this place so special is the freshness of the food, the unique options and combinations and the staff atmosphere. The guys who make your coffee are almost as energetic as the Vida staff, without the team cheering. The decor is a variety of miss matched tables and chairs but of the stylish and elegant kind, not the old and falling apart kind where you think they surely ran out of money. It is unique and in the next door room is a quaint boutique store. Take a walk through and maybe you will find a piece of something that brings back memories of an old Parisian adventure…

Now as this started on coffee and I sidetracked a little I should also mention the amazing cakes and pain au chocolat.. Some of the bakes and biscuits are a little over priced for size but they never lack in taste or quality. Cappuccinos… well I love them but we will see what my coffee connoisseur has to say… watch this space.

If you have found any coffee shops or delis that take your breath away – you simply have to share.icon smile Table 13   deli and delicious

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts and comments